Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Occurred to me today...

It suddenly dawned on me today that one of the biggest hurdles I have to overcome or one of the "things" I am having the most trouble with in attempting to do this CB model is that I do not have the time or the opportunity to teach the finer points like I used to.  For example, rather than being able to show more specialized or intricate methods of construction on a paper mache project, I really only have time to give the bare bones basics before the kids get started.  There are so many different things going on at any given time, that I flight and flutter from one media to the next, drawing, collage, paper mache, etc.  If I really look deep and stop to think about it at length, I think that part of me feels I am doing a disservice to the students in not having a chance to teach them the finer points, but it's a struggle because I see how glad they are in having a choice...perhaps I will be able to figure out some type of happy medium somewhere?  Hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment