Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So....

So where have I been?  Buried, that's where.  Things are going well, but I am still trying to adjust to getting everything taken care of (really just grading) in a timely manner.  Because I am using a broad rubric that will work for each project, I am taking the time to give written comments and feedback for each and every project.  I knew going into it, it would take a fair amount of time to do this, but it is taking more time than I thought it would.  Which is fine, it's just something I need to get a streamlined process for...I've made a list of changes I plan on implementing next quarter that I'm certain will help, but it's just a matter of having to wait until the start of next quarter to do it.  Overall the students still seem to be responding very positively to this new format.  In fact, I just had a student today tell me that they did not like art last year, but  this year they are really excited about it because they get to have a choice and a say in what they do.  Hearing things like this just absolutely reinforce all of the work I'm putting into this and make it totally worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment