Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some thoughts...

So, I don't know why, but all of a sudden, it's becoming plainly obvious that I really need to do something different in my classroom.  You know how that is?  Once you're thinking about doing something, or have decided to do something, all signs seem to point in that direction.  That's what's happening with the whole idea of choice based for me.  I have a limited amount of table space to set out the materials for the different projects that are going on in my classes right now.  I am constantly having to switch up what's out, and it takes time, and frankly, it gets pretty tiresome after a point.  I was thinking to myself that this is definitely one problem that having a CB room would solve.  In my first few years of teaching (currently I'm in my sixth), I would have been too rigid to put all of the different materials out at once, but now, I'm looking to do just that and am excited about it.  No more running here to get this or that when it's all out.  YAY!  I'm getting excited about it and might have to start CB early!  My original plan was to start 3rd quarter because it's a nice uninterrupted quarter for our district, but I may have to start early.  I'm ready to get a jump start.  I've actually tried it with the final project for the my 7th grade classes, so I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment